Are you coming to Klaipėda by bicycle? Great choice!
Klaipėda is called bike city by its developed cycling infrastructure, cycling paths within and outside the city (stretching all the way to Nida, Palanga, Šventoji, Dreverna, Šilutė).
Most cyclists reach Klaipėda:
- By international seaport
- By bus/train station or
- By bicycle from Nida / Palanga / Šilutė.
1. International seaport (DFDS Seaways ferries and TT Lines ferries):
- From Karlshamn (Sweden) – map how to reach Old town
- From Kiel (Germany) – map how to reach Old town
- From Trelleborg (Sweden) – map how to reach Old town
2. Coming to Klaipėda‘s bus station /or Klaipėda‘s train station by bicycle?
Klaipėda‘s bus station and Klaipėda‘s train station are near each other:
- Train station – Priestočio str. 1 – map how to reach Old town
- Bus station – Butkų Juzės str. 9 – map how to reach Old town
3. If you are arriving at Klaipėda by bicycle path
Įf you are arriving in Klaipėda by one of the bicycle paths you should know, that in Klaipėda meets three bicycle paths:
- Path to Curonian Spit (with famous settlements Nida, Juodkrantė, Prieila, Pervarlka, and Smiltynė).
Total distance from Klaipėda tourism and culture information center 59 Km.
- …to Palanga “Amber Shore” route (path to Palanga, Šventoji, Nemirseta, Karklė towns).
The total length of a path from Klaipėda tourism and culture information center 52 km.
- …to Nemunas Delta regional park (to Šilutė, Rusnė, and Uostadvaris towns, through Priekulė, Kintai, Dreverna, Svencelė, Ventė, Minija).
The full distance of the path from Klaipėda tourism and culture information center is 87 km.